Saturday, September 10, 2011


CLASH OF WORDS AS BEING AN INDIAN

I had been to India recently and there I found some curious questions that acted like an instigator to pen this whole bunch of incidents. But to be true to words this has been the lava trying to erupt from long back. The red hot deposit inside of the volcano has been sulking drip by drip before its eruption. It is just the warning for the inmates to run and save your repute.

My friend out of humor quoted:

“Tujhe job mili to recession aa gaya,

Tune US ka ticket katwaya to earthquake aa gaya,

Tu India se udda so saath Irene le aaya..”

Though it was a joke but I loved the coincident. When I went to India, I encountered one question as if it’s like they are asking my name “Will you settle in USA?”. I smiled, often giggled, sometimes grinned, many a time chuckled and quite a few times smiled back whimsically with the naivety and lack of gravity they possess. It’s not their fault but the image which This nation has portrayed to the world. It is a fundamental question that everyone of us coming down to USA should ask self; “why are they welcoming me with open arms?“. It’s not the Big-Brother attitude, not the world relations then what is that making us lucrative to US. They allow us not because they have interest in our dreams but because they are dreaming through our dreams. I quoted before someone the reason why US is garlanding us with flowers is “We give them our parents hard earned money, population and efficient labor”. I will highlight the points as I proceed through.

People may joke about the issues but it is very true, when an American company visits to a Career Fair, they do have tag only US citizens but have you seen the Indian firms like TCS, Infosys etc coming to campus and saying only Indian citizens. Some would argue it’s their nation so they should get fair deal, I would agree but why are they sucking on our hard earned money for not providing any benefit. The fees we pay are around 9 - 10 times more than what they pay. So they sell our dreams for naught in return.

People think once in US you will get hundreds of jobs knocking at doorstep, but truth is if a student tries to go out of US during his OPT (Optional Practical Training), he is not allowed to return. The reason is that he has paid the College fees and completed the course so why would they allow a potential job-taker into the territory.

People say we try to lure an American to obtain a Green Card, but reality is they want it bad, imagine they are already lying low with population and efficient labor, so if they are getting a whole family of cheap labor just for a card how bad can that be? Indians are loyal like dogs to spouse so trap an Indian produce; mark the words not reproduce but produce some children and find a new one to let the new generation of efficient labor keep coming.

People have dreams to do masters and PhD here, but luckily I have just dreamt to come to USA. They have dreamt of jobs, yes the dream jobs which they dreamt of every night and day but ultimately to see tags “Outside students not allowed”. Wouldn’t it be disgusting for a LITERATE DOG to see “Dogs are not allowed” sign in front of a house. They say, we get job security in India. Biggies like TCS and Infosys don’t fire people that easily. The reason is a treason that needs to be mentioned. It’s not the India but the US that needs tech coolies to work for them. Every single engineer working over there at 30000 per month saves 4000USD for the US government. Just once if nations like India and China stop supporting US they would come on knees to beg for the same. I am not blaming the population of India for it but the ignorance of the nation to know their value in the world market. So it’s always the same we and China are the cheap suppliers of labor and that too quite efficient one.

I would be giving some more gruesome events that really hurts and will hurt you guys as you are an Indian like me. I met a fellow christened Saurav Bansal in the airport. He is a student like me travelling to Canada for his MBA. He cited certain harassing incidents for every Indian reading this article and not getting a spasm. He told about an American who was getting down at Mumbai airport in lieu of some business and quoted “I came to F**k India” in front of the Indian Airport Authority people at the airport. They didn’t move a muscle after hearing this. If same words would have been uttered before an American cop about his nation he would have smacked your face. It was unbelievable and intolerable. They come to our nation for business without a hitch but we have to go through hiccups even to gain a position we deserve.

People consider USA as a dream land, but the reality is something else. I went to my friend’s place yesterday and saw two cell phones are lying; one is Nokia E-series (costing around 30000INR) and the other one Nokia 2600 (costing around 3000INR) or something. I asked his roommate has X become rich; he laughingly quoted “No the cheaper one is for his night shift of job so that he doesn’t lose the costlier one if mugged”. I was amazed after the money laundering through charges they are even unflinchingly looting us. Curious isn’t it to see we even leave houses in trauma in the night. I still remember the day I was walking with a gang of guys one of them quoted “Aao aaj saalon dekhte hain kitna dumm hai”. This is not the bravery but the strength that’s momentary due to numbers.

About social life I should quote hardly Americans know who their neighbors are. If they know it’s only due to common functions, children in same school or class or may be due to common gym times, etc. What will they do, they are so self-centered that hardly find time to know about others. They are just machines who work from day to night and party on weekends. Indians think American are so socialized creatures but to be true they are not even social creatures.

Let the Americans scratch their brains in front of the student lot. I did shy them a time or two. I am not smart but same as every guy from India. I quoted “Not a single sincere guy from India would fall flat before the course curriculum of USA”. This is not boasting but the proud of having Indian education. Some asked “what’s the difference in our and their education” I dictated “It is the pressure they apply, they teach how to run the vehicle and we learn what a vehicle is”. There were some articles we are trying to adapt to their education standards, but the step would be a disaster as we need improvisation and not conversion.

Money is something available in plenty in USA so all try to gather with both hands. But here hands of outsiders are tied, someone tied one hand, someone both and some are even tied from legs. “Why so?” is not the question but “Why only we” is the question. The answer is we are achievers and real gainers, if the US Government doesn’t stop us we would take away every bit of their fame which they have earned due to us. Find any and every field we are there and no complaints from manager about us. It’s not me but us, and is due to the education where students attend classes 9 hours a day.

I am writing this stuff because of something lovely I did and felt proud of self. It was on Thursday evening when I was standing in a line for train ticket at Penn station. One black American was in front of me, may be 6’4”. As soon as a counter empties they call for the next person in line. When the counter was empty I asked the fellow to move to the place with a gesture of left hand palm upwards pointing to the counter. I don’t know how that was offending to that fellow. He asked “Calm down cowboy”. I chortled and said “I was just …”. He spoke again “They should teach calming down in schools first”. I giggled and said “BehenCh** sorry hai” and that on the speaker attached to the desk of the person at the counter. I didn’t do a daring thing, what I did was just repaying the angle he was hinting at. So be proud of where you are from and what you are rather than shadowing the originality with banality.



10 comments:

  1. nice one........ n i m proud to b Indian......

    ReplyDelete
  2. have u ever gone through the trauma of dealing with the Indian Bureaucracy , police system,power cuts, messy streets and dirt on roads , cows on roads ,ill mannered people spitting here and there , dealt with goondas on roads telling bad words to your wife or sisters, the corrupt system to the core, and bribery in every sorner of the system......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @white orchid---Thanks badmass...:)
    @itishree--- aarigato..
    @nitu-----dhanyawaad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @prabhat---yep, I do have as luckily I was born and brought up till august 2010 in India. I had hurdles getting into school due to bureaucracy but I made my way, I had no cases registered as I never broke a rule, I was in the city but of course I do have power cuts, the messy streets are still the place where you me and anyone can roam with head held high, cows are on road because we haven't learnt how to use the resource: make a diary and keep them, they would upkeep your dividends rather than you doing it for them, the ill mannered people are WE, didn't you yourself litter if you are on a high way and long way to the destination, regarding "goondas"..i never experienced one doing any bad before my eyes till 23years of my life, the comments passed to my friends around are given nice treatment as and when needed by me, hooligans running bikes parallel to ladies are also tortured by me as I keep on honking them....If you and every other do the same then we are done bro in this regards, bribery can be avoided if things are done without them....we are trying to curb it and hope we will succeed at least to some extent......I also have the lovely USA perspectives if you want I will write them for you some day.....nothing nowhere you are safe if I put your criteria ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so true :( we are ignorant of the value of manpower :( And its so low that with pride they say 'American' when all they have got is a green card and a second class citizenship... live your dreams... but don't dream that your life is equivalent to someone you want to be hamesha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for so almost 5 years late reply :)... thanks for the comment... we should always strive to better self and live self as quoted!

      Delete
  6. thanks for putting my thoughts into words... i feel the exact same way!!!

    ReplyDelete